2099/11/10

calvin and hobbes

By far my favorite comic is/was calvin and hobbes. I realise that the creator, Bill Waterston, discontinued the strip in 1995, but I still get it emailed everyday.
Here is my favorite:Tyrannosaurs in F-15s

The juxtaposition of modern fighter planes with prehistoric dinosaurs is brilliant! I laugh every time I see it. Only the mind of a child could come up with that... wait... or Waterston!

Attack!One of the best parts of calvin and hobbes to me is the unclear nature of Hobbes. Is he just a stuffed animal and a product of Calvin's imagination? Or, as in the play/movie Harvey, is Hobbes' true (supernatural) nature only seen by Calvin? I favor the latter. In rare interviews, Waterston has been vague on the subject... which I appreciate.

Art, as in humor, loses something special if explained...

1 comment:

Bailey Johnson said...

Nice job daddy! i like the calvin and hobbes u chose. its funny bc of the t-rexes in the planes. its really funny. i love u daddy and good job again.

o('-')o bailey
your beloved and loving eldest daughter :)