2014/11/10

Birthday Wishes

*UPDATE* This works for Christmas Too!

With my 56th birthday fast approaching (Nov. 10th), I started to put together my yearly birthday/Christmas list for "Geeks who are hard to buy for" (I know... don't end sentences in a preposition). See, I have a theory about presents... for the most part they should be frivolous... something you wouldn't normally buy for yourself because you might feel guilty about "wasting" money on something so pointless... (and that brings you so much joy).

Please don't think this blog post is a request to get me anything... but just in case... on to the list!

First is a really cool toy that I'll never get, but we can all dream!
It's a JetCat P-60 Gas Turbine Engine. It weighs slightly less than 2 pounds and produces 13 pounds of thrust with a maximum rotational speed of 165,000 RPM. It burns REAL jet fuel (like JohnEd's car) with a max consumption of 8 oz. per minute. With a pricetag around $2,495.00 I probably won't be getting one soon... much less 2, which would be needed for the A-10 Thunderbolt II replica I want to build. Imagine the look on the kids faces at our local R/C flyins!


Back to reality...

Next up is almost anything from ThinkGeek.com. Here one of my favs:


Star Trak Working Phaser. I had one of these as a kid, but it didn't really work... This one has lights and sound! Beam me up to the tree-house, Scotty!

Here's the rest of my ThinkGeek Wish List.



This is pretty cool too. It's air bubbles suspended in Lexan in the shape of DNA.

And last, but certainly not least is my Amazon Wish List Amazon Wish List with entries to fit any budget.

No comments: